|Cathy, Sadie & Hondo (who was ticked with Sadie)|
1. My head isn't working right. Just what road are we on?
2. Are you sure you know where we are?
3. Just where is our house?
4. Are we going back to where we were to pick up our clothes? (he thinks it is a motel)
5. Just where are the dogs?
6. Is this the right way?
7. This road just doesn't look right?
8. How many houses to we own in Lincoln County?
9. Are we going back to where we were last night?
10. Are our things safe where they are?
11. Aren't we going to go pick up our clothes?
12. Are we going to stay where we've been for the past four nights?
He asked these questions, repeatedly - over and over. My mother was very good with him, very patient. I felt sorry for her. Then again, she learned that someone they know is now in such bad shape with diabetes that he has lost his vision, cannot walk, can barely use his hands and is dealing with dementia. What is worse, that or Alzheimer's?
One thing we did note that, yesterday he only had a piece of toast and a doughnut for breakfast. He usually has 2 cups of old fashioned oatmeal (you think my mother would do instant?), toast, fresh fruit, OJ, and coffee. He ate nothing else until 2:30 and then it was almost all protein. I got him a Starbucks strawberry & cream frap. Thirty minutes after digesting the frap, he was his old self.
Is there a connection?
Or - are we hitting another six months problem?
Yesterday evening he was okay. My mother thinks the problem is that we have traveled so much that he has it on his mind. He's just not quite clear between here and South Carolina.
Today's he is okay.