Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Who's On First?

Don't Trust The Man With The Sled!

This is a post I've been working on for about a week.  Frankly, I don't know's on third!  That's about how it is this week.  Do you go chronologically or by subject matter?  It has been interesting, that's for sure.  Late Wednesday night, my mother finally broke down and began crying. We've been waiting for that. 

Ten days ago my father lost his wallet.  I went down that Wednesday afternoon to help my mother look for it, and deliver medication.  We looked in every single drawer in the house.  I specifically looked in the hutch drawer where her cocktail stirrers and gadgets are kept - twice.  My mother and Maggie have checked that drawer, repeatedly.  My mother has looked in it every day.  On Monday morning she found the wallet in it.

This morning she called.  He'd lost his wallet - again!  At least it is in the house, and I have copies of everything that is in it. My friend, Sharon, thinks he has a stash location.  He probably does.  I wouldn't be surprised to find my mothers' missing diamond there, also!

We're dealing with blood pressure that is going up and down.  It could be the meds.  He has an appointment in a few days.

His bridge broke.  Got that fixed.

His new hearing aides aren't working!

It's just one thing after another.  It's obvious we're into the early part of Stage 4.  The poor thing is now searching, constantly, for his brother.  He calls my cell, thinking that it belongs to my cousin, Sarah. I don't know what to tell him, so I try to let it go, changing the subject.  On the way back from Las Cruces on Friday, he kept trying to locate his brother.  He kept wondering where Nana and Grandy were.  Should we have left his mother in the hospital, alone.

He did great at lunch, but he ate eggplant parm, so that we didn't have the problems we do with complex carbs.  We tanked him up on a frap at Starbucks.  He did great okay, coming home, except for trying to call his brother.

He's also traveling.

We've taking him off several of his medications.  The problem we're discovering is that quite often medications don't work right with Alzheimer's.  Most doctors don't realize this, nor do pharmacists.  So, now, we need to check everything.



All rights reserved, SJ Reidhead

No comments:

Post a Comment