Sunday, April 24, 2011

Did We Go to Church Today?

My father and Doc Annala
Some days are worse than others.  Today my father wasn't sure if he went to church or not.  Then again, every time I talk to him, he asks if I've picked up the mail. 

It makes sense.  For years his business was dependent upon the mail.  The other day I simply left the stuff that I would have thrown out, and put it in the stack of mail for him.  It left my mother in tears, but he was satisfied.

On the other hand, when we had Easter lunch with the Annalas, he did quite well.  Once again my theory that the stimulation of being around someone other than my mother and I is very good for him - is right.   Now it is getting my mother out of her gardening rut.  Yea, it's that time of year - again.

One of these days I am going to work out my theory of putting a large magnetic calendar on the back of the fridge.  I don't know if it will work.  I do know the approach of handling things like one would a hyper-active child may just work - for awhile.

The next problem - dealing with his eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment